Monday, January 09, 2006

Pray, People, Pray.....PLEASE!!!!

If you have seen the latest post on "The Dawg Howse", then my title needs little explanation. If you haven't, then you need to go there and read it. I was going to write about these events myself and saw that my husband beat me to it. Saved me time anyway.
The whole filming thing started Friday evening. I had already had a difficult day at school. We were scheduled to have meetings all afternoon with the only break besides a conference period (which by the way had been shortened to 20 minutes because of the shortened day for students) was a 45 minute lunch period. The lunch was being served at another building so we would need to travel there, eat and be back at our building in that time frame. All the teachers, staff and administration were eating there so the line would be long as well.
Just a few minutes before the lunch break an office worker comes around passing out a memo from the Principal that he wants copies of our semester exams which weren't even scheduled to be given until the middle/end of the next week before we could leave the building!!!
I went to the principal and explained I could not get them all finished by that time. I'll skip all the messy details of our conversation (no I did not raise my voice, curse, etc.) but I ended up skipping lunch and being late for the meeting and still had one more to write... from scratch!
The principal gave permission to turn it in on Monday. This brings me back to the begining of the story and Darrell's article on the mad house we called our home this weekend.
We were all scheduled to work on sets for children's church at the church on Friday. I left Darrell and Ashley there to work while Daniel and I called at least eight families and drove around town trying to find the equipment needed for this project! This is above and beyond checking with the immediated families of the boys involved first! You know how the rest of the weekend went.
Sunday night after church, I ended up photo copying pages out the student workbook and cutting and pasting to make an exam for my students then making a clean copy this morning before getting to school. Of course when I got here, all of the machines were being used so I had to go to the office and get the secretary to make me a copy (teachers aren't allowed to use theirs so the secretary was kind enough to use her code) so that I could meet the second deadline I was given.
"Why do I get stressed when going to a job I like?" (See previous post) I'm STILL wondering!!!
Note: Do I really need to explain why I gave this post its title?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you guys fairing out since this fun filled adventure?

Libby said...

Well....,I do think things are looking up. Did I mention this is FINALS WEEK as well? Daniel made it through his worse two yesterday and I'm giving the rest of mine today. I have a workday tomorrow but the kids have the day off with NO homework and we all have Monday off so things are definitely looking up. Daniel is finished with this English class after today as well. HALLALUJAH!!!!!!!
THANK YOU, JESUS!!!! (I mean that sincerely!)

Libby said...

You can also tell when I'm stressed because my spelling and grammar become atrocious. (Note my writing over the past few days.)

Sarah said...

He shouldn't have an English classes on this block, right? If so, does that mean it is possible you won't have to encounter this teacher again?

Just think, Ashley isn't too far behind and you can do this all over again!

Libby said...

You're right. He is taking Spanish Terms 3 and 4, health term 3 and English Comp Term 4. I don't know who the English Comp teacher is but I'm fairly certain it is someone else. If he gives the same assignments each year, we can have Ashley work on them in the summer and not have to deal with it during the school year at the last minute.
It is a scary thought, however,that we may have to repeat this scenario in three years!