Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Kitchen Rules...

...and other Barbara Johnson wisdoms
1. If a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, my kitchen is delirious.
2. A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole kitchen. (I have to say. This is not true of my husband, but it is certainly true of my son!)
3. Countless people have eaten in this kitchen ... and gone on to lead normal lives.
The happiest marriages are surely those where love and laughter overcome any brokenness. Between these couples, laughter is a natural part of every day.
Friends help us just by their willingness to laugh at the goofiness that unexpectedly pops into our lives to brighten the dark places.
Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out...but she can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

My husband also helps alot he does dishs,floors,windows,etc.He washed the walls down in front room & dining room and everything on them when I was gone to the conference.he even cleaned the bathrooms.He said he had to keep busy.He missed me and it made the time go by faster.
As for my kitchen alot have ate here but I am not to sure about them leading a normal life.Sure hope that is not saying anything about my food.

The 6 Karns' said...

Sylvia - tell Bob I have lots of dishes, floors & windows! And all my walls need washed :)

My bathrooms can always use a good scrubbing (you know, with 4 boys).

Maybe it'll make him REALLY miss you more!!! :)

Sylvia said...

He told me the next time he is going with me.That is one why to get him to go.He does not like me being gone.Maybe one night is ok but I was gone 3 nights.He did not think I would go with out him.He was wrong.But I did miss him too more then he may know.