Thursday, August 03, 2006

Time to Get Back to My Routine

This has been a very busy summer, but one of the best I can remember. It actually started early. Just before school let out, my daughter left for NYC where her choir sang at Cargnegie Hall. One week later we left for camp meeting, just over a week later our kids went to youth camp where both were awarded the Camper of the Year Awards. After church on July 2nd, we drove to the St. Louis area. We took our kids and one of our nieces to Six Flags on July 3rd then spent the Fourth with family there. On the fifth we left for Atlanta. We got stuck in a traffic jam and almost missed the Cardinal vs. Braves game at Turner Field we were headed for. As we sat in the heat, we changed seats so Daniel could get in hours for his permit as the other drivers watched. I explained what we were doing. 2 lanes over another driver told us if we could cross the lanes to the on ramp, go up it the wrong way then turn left we could get to a highway which would bypass the jam. Daniel was driving at the time. He did something neither his father nor I have done and that is cross 3 lanes of stopped interstate traffic and drive the wrong way up an entrance ramp. We made it to the game just after the first inning began.

The next morning we headed for Orlando for Daniel's 16th birthday. We didn't do any parks. We just went swimming, went to a couple of movies and spent some family time together. 10 days after returning home we went to Port Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island, The Bahamas. If you have read Darrell's Blog then you know what a great time we had there. In the midst of all this, we finished remodeling Ashley's room. (Whewww! Deep breath!)

Now I start to get busy. School starts in three weeks and life will be at the speed of light once again. Pictures of my summer adventures will follow so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Sounds like your summer has been nice.We all need family time.Glad it work out to be so good.But glad your all back.

Unknown said...

you all have been busy!! i hope one day to go where there is an ocean , and experiance a different culture!!!

Deborha's Palm Tree said...

Wow! I had to take a deep breath for you! The room looks great by the way...from one artist to another, great artwork! School starts soon and I believe you will have my bonus daughter in one of your classes! GOD BLESS YOU....

Libby said...

Who is the "bonus daughter"? I think I'm actually looking forward to the new school year. I went to the school one day this summer to "supervise" the removal of all the old chemicals from my room. I now have a clean room to start fresh. I can reorganize and have room for the things I actually use.