Tuesday, October 18, 2005



Better

Today started off pretty much like yesterday. Got up early, did some laundry, fought with my hair, let the dog out... you know, normal morning routine things. Then at about 7:15 my daughter comes in and I realize something is wrong with this picture. There was a reason I had gotten up so early and had so much time to do all of these things. What was it?

Oh my god! I realized I should have left five minutes earlier for school. There would be 20 or so students waiting for me that I had threatened with removal from the team if they were not on time and I was probably going to be late myself!

To make matters worse, I couldn't find my keys. I dumped out my purse in frustration, no keys. Looked in all the usual (and unusual) spots, no keys. Looked in my car, no keys. Decided to drive another vehicle, had a flat. My husband is searching, no keys. Meanwhile the clock is ticking, anxiety is peaking. This is my first year at this school and the last thing I need is a reputation for being irresponsible.

FINALLY, my keys! I find them in the bottom of my school bag! Heaven only knows why I put them there. I take off for school and get behind every huge truck with massive amounts of inertia that could be sitting at a stop light or entering the freeway. Anxiety mounts.

I call my family and tell them thanks for helping, love ya, sorry I didn't have time to come back in and do this right...guilt, guilt, guilt. What if I died, what if something happens to my kids or husband and I didn't take the time to hug and kiss them only because my head wasn't screwed on straight - again...guilt, guilt, guilt.

I get to my classroom and waiting there in the hall outside my door are my dutiful, dependable students. No accusations, no finger pointing, just waiting.

So why the title BETTER?

I realized how blessed I am. My students listened patiently as I recounted my unfunny morning trying to make it so. My husband came to my rescue in spite of the fact he had his own time schedule. And when I logged into my blog I found my picture in my profile. So what?!

I searched quite some time last night trying to find a picture to use and then trying to figure out how to get posted. I finally swallowed my pride and asked my husband for help. He remarked he didn't have my login or password. I was in too much of a hurry (again) to stay and help. Just figured it would have to wait. When I saw the picture, I knew my husband had taken the time to find a picture he thought I would like (I'm very picky, don't like any pictures of myself. I consider them a necessary evil for posterity's sake). He cropped and downloaded it. That was kind enough but I realized of all the people in the world I am one of the most blessed. My husband was not only considerate, but he knows me well enough that he figured out my login and password. Some may consider it invasion of privacy, spying... I know that isn't it. He stays out of my stuff unless invited. It just makes me realize he's paying attention.

Yes, today is BETTER!

5 comments:

Darrell said...

Glad things are going better for you babe... but finding your password was easy. I'll explain that when you get home. Hope the rest of your day goes great. I love you!

Libby said...

Well, however you figured it out,you still cared enough to do it.
I love and appreciate you.

Sarah said...

I love you, No I love you.
I love you more, No I love you more.

Blah blah blah, smoochy smoochy smooch.

Hold on I think I'm getting a little sick.

[Though I believe quite obvious, I want to let you know....Just Kidding :)]

Libby said...

It's my blog and I'll smoochy, smoochy if I want to!

Glad to see you back, Sarah!

Sarah said...

[QUOTE]It's my blog and I'll smoochy, smoochy if I want to![/QUOTE]

THIEF! --- Funny ---