Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Greatness of God

Driving down the country roads to church or to work I have noticed the beautiful fall colors. I have seen the cows that have been released to the fields to feed on the leftovers from the harvested corn. The fields that have the huge round bails of hay scattered over the rolling hillsides and the wonderful array of colors that blanket the land are captivating. I see God's beautiful masterpiece and I am in awe of His wonderful creation and power.
As a science teacher, I observe the perfection, precision and accuracy of His great design and am astonished that anyone could be blinded into believing that this world, this universe is the result of happenstance.
Each time I commune with God I am overwhelmed by the idea that this great and mighty creator of the innumerous solar systems and galaxies wishes to spend time with an insignificant speck in the overall scheme of the universe such as I.
I am humbled by the omnipotence of God. Yet, He walks with me, watches over me and is aware of every splinter that may prick my skin. I am in awe of His omniscience. He knows all there is to know about time, past, present and future. Even those things which occurred before time began. Still He is aware of the very slightest of details concerning my life. I am fascinated by His omnipresence. He watches over me as I sleep in the midnight hour yet, simultaneously communes with the believer in the Middle East.
My God is a great and mighty God. He is worthy of all glory, honor and praise. I will not bequeath to the rocks that for which I have been created! I will praise Him with a loud voice! I will worship Him with all that I am. I will give glory to Him with all that I do!
I love you Father. Thank you for loving me. Help me to be ever mindful of You and the work that you have commissioned me to do. Help me to worship You each day of my life. Help me to glorify You every moment with my life. Help me to be Your friend. Thank you for being mine. Help me to recognize others who need to have this same relationship with You.
Give me opportunities to share Your goodness, greatness and love with others. Use me as You see fit. Help me to be sensitive to Your voice and heed your instructions. Open my eyes to the Harvest. Let me be a worker in Your fields. Thank You, Father for using this lowly servant.
Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW that was AWESOME libby!!! made me teary!! and a big AMEN to that, What an awesome God we searve, !!!!


Amy