Monday, October 17, 2005


LIFE!!!

Up and down, up and down, I have a good day then a bad day. Last week all was going fairly well. Saturday my family and I traveled to Champaign, IL for a band festival my son was competing in. It was expensive but well worth the cost. Sunday I was asked to play a song I'd never heard and it felt like it had always been a part of me.

Then today comes. I just couldn't get my thoughts straight for my 1st period class. I managed to get through it saving face with my chemistry students, then along came my Physics students. I reviewed Friday's lecture and then gave the students some practice problems. I had painstakingly worked out each example on a transparency so that I could explain each step. I get to the 2nd or third problem noticing the look of confusion on their faces only to realize I had done the WRONG assignment!

ARGHHH!!!!

Even as I'm trying to type this, I keep hitting the wrong keys sometimes deleting things unintentionally. I am truly in a fog today! I hope for my students' sakes I get back on top of the game by tomorrow.

Thanks, God, for good students.

Addendum:
When school got out today, the fog continued. I did remember to babysit the student car lot (a little late and only because it was sent to me in a bulletin). I packed all my things, saved everything I needed to work on on my flash drive, shut down the computer and rushed to the lot. Everyone was gone. OK, I thought, I'll just go to my car and get my son's trumpet and run it to the shop. It wasn't there. I'd left it at home. Called hubby to bail me out (thanks, God, for hubby). Brought the trumpet, met me at the shop, the pieces were gone and couldn't be replaced. Back to the old duct tape routine.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.


No comments: