Friday, February 10, 2006

What NOT to Say During an Interview

We were discussing interviews at lunch today and it prompted memories of some interesting interview questions I have endured over the years. Here are some of my favorites.

I would hire you for the position immediately if the position were at the Junior High. You look so young, I'm just afraid those high school boys would eat you up.

Well, I've decided I'm going to hire you. I really wanted to hire a man, but you're the most qualified for the position and the state is coming in this year to evaluate our school.

I know I'm not suppose to ask this question, but since I know your husband is a minister and they move around a lot, just how long do you think you would be here if I gave you the job?

(And my personal favorite)

You're an attractive woman. How do you deal with it when the high school boys come on to you? (My colleagues remarked, "So he was hitting on you while he was asking the question about your being hit on?")

What are some of your favorite interview faux pas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I know I'm not suppose to ask this question, but since I know your husband is a minister and they move around a lot, just how long do you think you would be here if I gave you the job? "

This is the one I HATE the most... I get it at every interview. I always answer them that I plan on staying around, but rofl life holds no guarantees does it?

I've also got the question once if I planned on starting a family in the new future.... oooo weeee they are not allowed to ask that one ROFL

I'll have to think of some other intersting questions.